Recording rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording rigs

Wondering what folks who record their own stuff at home use for gear. I’ve got a couple of Audio Technica large diaphragm condenser mics and an Apex 747 ribbon mic, a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface, and an Art Audio power conditioner. My desk is a Yorkville Sound standard desk (not the big one), and I have a pair of JBL monitors. My daw is Cubase 10.5 Pro and Wavelab 10 Pro for mastering. I’ve got a Moog Matriarch synthesizer, plus a Behringer DeepMind12D and Model D synth, and a large collection of guitars. My favourite plugin at the moment is the BBC Symphony Orchestra from Spitfire Audio, and I have a bunch of free Spitfire plugins from their LABS series. I have a Line 6 Helix LT that lets me dial in pretty much any amp/pedal combination I need for a given project, but for most of my music I generally use acoustic guitar. I’ve been recording my own stuff for years, but I’ve only recently started getting pretty good at it. I’m taking more time with it these days, and paying closer attention to detail. I’d love to hear about other peoples’ setups.

Nice! Here's some of my setup...
    • 2019 iMac with Ableton Live & Logic Pro
    • Scarlett 18i20
    • Fractal Audio Axe-FX II XL+
    • Output Platform Desk
    • Ableton Push 2
    • Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol s61
    • Mackie Monitors
    • Slate Digital VMS ML1
    • Ibanez RGA8, Schecter Diamond Series, PRS SE Baritone
    • Big modular Eurorack setup
    • Behringer DeepMind 12D, Model D, Neutron
    • Moog DFAM, Moog Mother-32
    • Access Virus B
    • Juno-106 from 1984
    Aside from that an obscene collection of sample libraries and plugins haha. Also a bunch of other synths and misc. music gear I use less often.

Comment

Working...
    X