Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focusing on YouTube vs Spotify (?)

Hey everyone!

I'm releasing my first song for a new music project and I want to come out of the gate with a cohesive promotion strategy and ad campaign. I've got a music video, website, logo, etc prepared. I watched Andrew's videos on how to run an effective ad campaign and I want to give this track a fighting chance of doing well with a healthy ad budget. My goal is to see if anyone likes the music and, if so, make a lasting connection with them.

The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure whether to focus on promoting the music video on YouTube or the song on Spotify. After watching Andrews videos it seems like Spotify has a lot more features for making a song trend, but at the same time it seems to me like a video would make a better impression on a potential fan than a song would by itself.

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    PS: If anyone wanted to weigh in on how much money they thought would be a good amount to put down in advertising for a projects first song feel free to weigh in!

Ive run ads for both YouTube music vids and for Spotify. I would put a lot of effort into YouTube but most of the money into ads for Spotify.

It has been my experience that it is easier to get repeat listeners on Spotify. So much so that I end up with almost as many YouTube followers from $100 in ads for Spotify than if I ran $100 direct to YouTube. Enough just trickle though my social media and find their way to YouTube.

that being said, the people that end up following on YouTube are deeper fans. I want to put out more content and interact with them more because that is what they are looking for. I’ve been uploading 3 vids per song, an idea I got from a YouTube channel called Musformation. One still image vid, one lyric vid a few weeks later, and the official vid a few weeks after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Regret Regret View Post
      Ive run ads for both YouTube music vids and for Spotify. I would put a lot of effort into YouTube but most of the money into ads for Spotify.

It has been my experience that it is easier to get repeat listeners on Spotify. So much so that I end up with almost as many YouTube followers from $100 in ads for Spotify than if I ran $100 direct to YouTube. Enough just trickle though my social media and find their way to YouTube.

that being said, the people that end up following on YouTube are deeper fans. I want to put out more content and interact with them more because that is what they are looking for. I’ve been uploading 3 vids per song, an idea I got from a YouTube channel called Musformation. One still image vid, one lyric vid a few weeks later, and the official vid a few weeks after that.
      Thanks for the info and the multiple videos/Musformation tip! That gives me a much better idea on where to spend my time.

Comment

Doing social media marketing is not a choice anymore. Now the question that arises is that how we do it? Or how well we can do it? We are witness to how social media have transformed the world, especially in the last decade. So brands or businesses who do want to do social media marketing cannot survive in today's world.
        Especially the pandemic in 2020 has forced everything to be conducted online. The reason for a business that could not survive through the pandemic is that they couldn’t conduct their business from home or online. They were not able to create an impact on social media. They were not able to distinguish themselves from the other 1000 businesses.
        So social media marketing is critical to your business. It can make or create a business. A small mistake can cost millions and have a lot of negative on your business. So as businessmen we need to smart about who we choose for our social media because it can be the reason why we survive today. Point Blanc Media is a Social Media marketing company in UAE that provides businesses with digital marketing solutions. It is Social Media marketing agency in UAE which helps in creating and maintaining a reputable business profile on social media networks which is necessary for the business to flourish.
        Having an online presence is vital as it is one of the strong sales tactics you can consider in today's world. Social media marketing in today's world is not about technology anymore it's about understanding the user through sociology and their psychology. It is because learning the user, their trends, and behavior can drive growth for your business. PBM a Social Media marketing company in Dubai can facilitate you in that journey. As being of the top Social Media marketing agency in Dubai with a team of experts who can provide real-time solutions by crediting your reliability as a source and markets your name online.

Comment

Working...
        X