How To Grow Your Music YouTube Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Grow Your Music YouTube Channel

In this video I talk to Adriel Rivera about how to grow your music YouTube channel, since he's grown his to about 13,000 subscribers! We talk about content type, how long it takes, and how to stand out. We also talk about music marketing topics, and general life stuff as well.

This was a super fun interview, and Adriel is an incredibly motivated guy. If you're into music production or just watching his journey in the music world make sure you check out his channel! Adriel's Channel

I watched this the same day it came out, I think. Timely for me, because I've been thinking that once I conquer the Spotify world (chuckle, chuckle) it would be interesting to know how to do the same thing at YouTube--likely where a lot of us started. Andrew, I'd love to have you do a course specifically on YouTube. [fingers crossed]

Comment

Originally posted by jerrypettit View Post
      I watched this the same day it came out, I think. Timely for me, because I've been thinking that once I conquer the Spotify world (chuckle, chuckle) it would be interesting to know how to do the same thing at YouTube--likely where a lot of us started. Andrew, I'd love to have you do a course specifically on YouTube. [fingers crossed]
      I'm actually currently working on a YouTube course! Its in the planning / outline stages now, but i'll likely have it released by the end of the year.

Comment

Great to hear! Sign me up. :-)

Comment

I feel like the biggest hurdle for me right now is creating the visual content for my channel. I'm mostly focused on my music so my Spotify plan of releasing every two weeks works for me. However I feel like youtube you need to be posting twice a week! I don't even know how to fill the gaps like that, I'm not interested in filming tutorial videos or anything, any ideas for content for a musician?

Comment

• Shrimptastic
            Shrimptastic commented
            Editing a comment
            I went the animation route. Don't get me wrong, there are tradeoffs. As tired of a song as I get from writing and recording it, it's even more so when you then have to go in and animate it.
            But, for me, its a lot of fun, and an additional creative outlet for my music.

I have only be doing the animation thing for a month or so. So the results are what you might expect. Lots of room for improvement each day though, just like with everything else though, right?

Might not be your thing, but figured I'd throw it out there as another creative option for you.

• 42valentino
            42valentino commented
            Editing a comment
            That actually sounds pretty cool, how do you do it? Like what software

Originally posted by 42valentino View Post
          I feel like the biggest hurdle for me right now is creating the visual content for my channel. I'm mostly focused on my music so my Spotify plan of releasing every two weeks works for me. However I feel like youtube you need to be posting twice a week! I don't even know how to fill the gaps like that, I'm not interested in filming tutorial videos or anything, any ideas for content for a musician?
          Yeah for YouTube I recommend at least 1 video per week. As an artist you have to spend some time thinking about what you want to do. If you don't want to do tutorials you'll probably go down the vlog route in some fashion in the form of sharing something cool about your life every week. Perhaps make some nicely edited vlogs where you document your studio / writing process? Or maybe just every week post a video talking about whats on your mind, and the struggles of trying to make it as an indie artist? There are a million options and its hard to pick, but at the end of the day you have to just pick something and get started. You can always tweak it over time if it isn't working or you get bored, but you'll want to try and stick with some style / topic of videos for several months, doing at least 1 video per week.

YouTube is a long, hard grind when you're starting, theirs no sugar coating it. So you need to pick something you can pull off every week and be happy doing it without feedback for a while.

Comment

YouTube is a long, hard grind when you're starting, theirs no sugar coating it. So you need to pick something you can pull off every week and be happy doing it without feedback for a while.
            I definitely feel this!! We committed to doing a video a week and haven't missed one in 2-years - and we're still in the baby stages 😂

But I SUPER recommend it to anyone - it gives us something to do, keeps us motivated, and really shows that we're active. We've done lots of cool experiments, but have yet to quite find our voice.

Comment

Working...
            X