YouTube Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YouTube Ads

Hello guys, I would like to advertise my YouTube (music) video with Youtube Ads. Do you have any experience with this?
    I consider these two options:
    1. Brand awareness with "skippable in stream"
    2. Product and Brand Consideration with a discovery ad and a clickbait headline.

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by ElManu View Post
    Hello guys, I would like to advertise my YouTube (music) video with Youtube Ads. Do you have any experience with this?
    I consider these two options:
    1. Brand awareness with "skippable in stream"
    2. Product and Brand Consideration with a discovery ad and a clickbait headline.

Thanks for your help!
    If you go with skippable in stream, make sure that the video used in the ad itself is a separate unlisted video, preferably a shorter video thats optimized for the ad experience. Then the link itself will point people to the official published video.

If you don't do this, you'll get a ton of 5 second views on your video which will completely ruin the organic performance of it.

Discovery ads appear in search results around YouTube and may be good, but the issue is people will click based on the thumbnail and title and not based on the song so its a harder click to earn I think.

YouTube and Google ads seem to be very picky with what links you use if they're off platform, but since you're promoting a music video on YouTube you shouldn't have any issues. If you use a landing page service or Spotify link directly later on the down the line, you might have to dispute a copyright issue. This is something i'm playing with now.

Comment

• ElManu
      ElManu commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Andrew. Thank you so much for your message! That's a good advice, I had also considered to take a short promo video, which then leads to the music video. Unfortunately I decided against it, because I did not find any examples of people doing it this way. With the next video I will try it!

YouTube ads to promote a song on Spotify with a landing page sounds very interesting. I am very curious about your results and look forward to future updates on it
Working...
X