Getting Conversions but not getting Streams & Follows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Conversions but not getting Streams & Follows

Hey all! I’m pretty new to FB ads for music, but have released 2 tracks following Andrew’s methods. The first track I used ToneDen for the first couple weeks & then continued to do my own ads with very similar setup after that leveraging ToneDen’s smartlink (having Spotify as the only option).

On my second release now I am using Tone Den’s smart link and have set it up the same way (included Facebook Pixel, tested, and optimizing for “View Content” - Tone Den’s event). I have a campaign with 3 ad sets, one for each Tier of Spotify countries. Generally speaking I am getting a lot of Link Clicks (largely from T3), but very few streams. Tone Den’s analytics tell me that about half of users are clicking through to Spotify.

Any advice on what to do to get the actual streams & follows up? Something’s not working here and I feel like it’s giving me the conversions, but I’m just not seeing the streams.

Really appreciate your help in learning this!!!!

clyde67 one thing that made a huge difference for me was turning off audience network when setting up my ads.

Comment

Originally posted by andy1324 View Post
      clyde67 one thing that made a huge difference for me was turning off audience network when setting up my ads.
      Thanks Andy! I’ll give that a shot on this campaign. For the original Tone Den one that wasn’t on & was still getting poor results even with their settings. But that was actually more poor in the sense that the cost per conversion was high now that I think of it.

Since posting this I’ve changed my campaign to limit the cost per ad set & reduced the T3 down to $1. I also removed India & Egypt from T3. The bulk of activity seemed to be from Egypt. The more I’m seeing the more I’m wondering if it’s bots, even getting through the smart link landing page. Is that a thing?

Comment

clyde67 when you say the original was tone den, are you saying it was with their spotify playbook thing?

Comment

Originally posted by andy1324 View Post
          clyde67 when you say the original was tone den, are you saying it was with their spotify playbook thing?
          Yeah, I ran it for a bit and ended up with an over $3/follower & not a ton of streams. Keep in mind this was at the same time that I had my first release and got a ton of followers organically through some press & just sharing. I did write them about it and they didn’t have any advice unfortunately, so I decided to try on my own rather than paying for the service.

Comment

Have you disabled ToneDen's "automatically send user to their preferred service" feature? Cause that always ruins conversion campaigns

Comment

Originally posted by georgik View Post
              Have you disabled ToneDen's "automatically send user to their preferred service" feature? Cause that always ruins conversion campaigns
              I did after running it for a few days the first time around. This time around I started with that off. I wasn’t sure if that would be a benefit, but my gut told be to turn it off. Thanks for your reply!

Comment

Check out my post on how to avoid interests full of bots: https://forum.generastudios.com/foru...-to-avoid-bots

Also, it might be worth setting your Spotify Canvas to the same video as your ad, for the viewer's feeling of consistency.

Also, if I were you I would try running one campaign only to the USA in order to confirm whether bots are truly the issue or whether people just aren't vibing with how your song starts based on the preview in your ad

Comment

Originally posted by georgik View Post
                  Check out my post on how to avoid interests full of bots: https://forum.generastudios.com/foru...-to-avoid-bots

Also, it might be worth setting your Spotify Canvas to the same video as your ad, for the viewer's feeling of consistency.

Also, if I were you I would try running one campaign only to the USA in order to confirm whether bots are truly the issue or whether people just aren't vibing with how your song starts based on the preview in your ad
                  Excellent thank you! I’ve made a few changes over the last day or so from reading on here & hope to see better results. I’ve removed a few countries like Egypt, & India where I was seeing a disproportionate amount of activity. I actually saw your recommendation on the Canvas & made it the same as the ad as well. I also added in a spend limit to my Tier 3 countries as well. I have to think the issue is bots & I’m hoping to be able to get around that.

Comment

Working...
                  X