414 Toneden clickthroughs generating 32 Spotify streams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 414 Toneden clickthroughs generating 32 Spotify streams

I’m trying out Facebok ads with an old single and a small budget (approx $6 a day). I’ve been reading the posts here in this great forum, and I have a question:

My Toneden campaign is showing 414 clickthroughs, but Spotify shows only 32 streams. Does this mean that 414 are clicking the Spotify link in Toneden but only 32 choose to actually listen to the song in Spotify? If so, is this because of bots?

Love this forum and Andrew’s videos!

Cheers
    Johannes

Click image for larger version

Name:	spotify toneden 201129.png
Views:	212
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	601
    Click image for larger version

Name:	sporify artists 201129.png
Views:	176
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	602

I think bots have a lot to do with it. Also...some can have difficulty with the click-through and getting to the actual song. I'm not a "premium" member, so I have to listen to a 30-second ad first, for instance. Also, sadly, some people just won't listen past 30 seconds or so if they're not wild about the song, so you don't get credit for a "stream".

Comment

• joh
      joh commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comment! You're absolutely right, the single I'm promoting is actually pretty slow (and weird...) in the first 30 seconds, so that probably scared a few listeners

I have the same issue. I've been running my first campaign for my new release the past week.
    340 Conversions via Hpyerfollow resulted in only 80 playlist-streams with a budget of 15$/day. Maybe the stream count on the playlist section in Spotify for Artists is a bit delayed.

It's a Christmas song, so Artist Targeting was a bit difficult. I ended up targeting some Artists with big christmas hits and artists that sound similar to my voice.
    It's just too bad that Spotify doesn't open up their system to actually track the "Song Play" as Conversion.

I don't know if I am facing bots that click on the ad. Has anyone here ever heard of https://www.cheq.ai/ ? It seems like they offer a service to avoid bot-clickthroughs.

Comment

I think our landing pages keep the bots from clicking through--and it is that click-through that we get billed for.

Comment

No, we get billed for impressions. However, click-through are what Facebook optimizes for

Comment

I have the exact same problem. The landing page as I understood should remove problems with bots or people not interested in the song. The people have already heard a bit and then clicked twice to hear some more thus it is a bit odd with so much dropping off? I thinking perhaps stories placement on the ads, since almost all traffic seem to come from mobile and in stories it is more likely to have sound on, and also having the video be very alike the coverart at spotify, This was an error on my present campaign they may partially explain the issue. However this I do not think will fix the whole problem. I am going to test on already released song with low budget to see if I can get it to work before doing this again. I let you know if anything works and happy to hear more if you find a solution

Comment

I noticed that doing the same video as the cd cover does change the toneden - spotify quite a lot. From about 15 percent actually listening to about 50%. However if the other 50% not listening is people listening for less than 30 sec it seems that Spotify can´t possibly think that is good stats? Even if save rates (15%) and re listen is decent( a little more than half listeners to streams). It still must seem like a really bad song to the algorithms since almost half people just stop listening before 30 sec. Anyone knows any more about this?

Comment

• joh
              joh commented
              Editing a comment
              That's interesting, I should try a video with the album cover as well, I've only done videos from us performing live (using the sound from the studio recording). I'm still getting poor results with streaming numbers, though the save rate is really high, almost 50%. I guess the song divides people, most of them don't listen more than 30 seconds, but those who do really like it a lot...

Try putting you ad video as your Spotify canva on your song

Comment

Working...
            X