Facebook Ad Restriction Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Ad Restriction Poll

Has anyone had their Facebook ad account restricted in the past month or so? If so, how long did it take for you to get it back?

Roughly 50% of the people i've talked to on Zoom lately have had this happen, and some people lost access to ads for only a few days while others it was over a month.
    Yes, for a few days
    60.00%
    Yes, for a week or two
    0%
    Yes, for a month
    20.00%
    Yes, for over a month
    0%
    No
    20.00%

I was deleting and creating new campaigns in 30 minutes after each other and then it was blocked by an algorithm becaus it was 'suspicious' activity, i contacted the helpdesk and they activated it the next day

Comment

My account was disabled on November 1, right in the first two days of a campaign. I've appealed it and I have no idea why it was disabled. The claim was that something violated their standards but no ads were flagged. As far as I can see, I didn't have anything in my ads that would violate any of the standards I checked. So far there's no response yet from the appeal process after 3 weeks.

Given the number of restrictions Andrew is talking about, I'm now thinking that the biggest "flaw" with the FB music promotion idea is the risk of getting shut down by FB.

For those of you who were temporarily blocked and then got back in, it would be interesting to have another poll:

Have you been blocked more than once?
      Did FB point out a valid reason why you were temporarily blocked?
      Last edited by triziomusic; 11-21-2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by triziomusic View Post
        My account was disabled on November 1, right in the first two days of a campaign. I've appealed it and I have no idea why it was disabled. The claim was that something violated their standards but no ads were flagged. As far as I can see, I didn't have anything in my ads that would violate any of the standards I checked. So far there's no response yet from the appeal process after 3 weeks.

Given the number of restrictions Andrew is talking about, I'm now thinking that the biggest "flaw" with the FB music promotion idea is the risk of getting shut down by FB.

For those of you who were temporarily blocked and then got back in, it would be interesting to have another poll:

Have you been blocked more than once?
        Did FB point out a valid reason why you were temporarily blocked?
        Yeah this is why recently i've been pushing getting Google / YouTube ads to work so hard. The second we rely on 1 platform for results is when we become beholden to that platform, and any issues with the platform jeopardize our whole business. Facebook ads are super good for music right now, but history shows that ad platforms come and go. In the past a lot of businesses built up around Google Ads, and then when they changed their pricing over the years a LOT of businesses went under because they relied on it 100%.

I also thing next year i'll be prioritizing more email based ad efforts. While I do have an email list, I don't think i've given it the attention it deserves. Emails are a direct line to your fans / customers and it protects you from ANY online service going under.

Comment

Working...
        X