Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing artists to target: large or smaller acts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing artists to target: large or smaller acts?

Hi everyone!

This is my first post here. First I want to thank Andrew for the awesome resources he provides, and all of you for this great community.

I will run my first FB ad campaign next week, and I have a question: Is it better to target very big acts, or smaller ones? In my case I make fairly commercial modern pop-rock stuff, so I could for example target Imagine Dragons' audience (which is huge), or Neon Trees', which is a similar band that likely has a very similar target audience, but much smaller (about a fifth of the size of Imagine Dragons').

Related to this, is it important that all the ad sets in the campaign have more or less the same size target audience? So for example if my ad set A has a potential audience size of 5M, and ad set B has just 1M, should I add some constraints to the targeting of Ad Set A to bring it closer to 1M so both ad sets have similar sizes?

Thanks for your help!

Hi! As for the targeting, in my experience it is better to target big acts rather than small ones, but you can create different ad sets and see what works for you. For me, when I target smaller artists, I think facebook has a harder time trying to find the audience for that and that leads to smaller impressions and consequently less conversions (and a bigger price per conversion). As for the target audience size, I wouldn't worry too much about that or try to add constraints to have the same size: the facebook ads algorithm will basically do the work for you, showing more ads to the bigger audiences (easier to find the people).

Comment

Originally posted by andre View Post
      Hi! As for the targeting, in my experience it is better to target big acts rather than small ones, but you can create different ad sets and see what works for you. For me, when I target smaller artists, I think facebook has a harder time trying to find the audience for that and that leads to smaller impressions and consequently less conversions (and a bigger price per conversion). As for the target audience size, I wouldn't worry too much about that or try to add constraints to have the same size: the facebook ads algorithm will basically do the work for you, showing more ads to the bigger audiences (easier to find the people).
      Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
      X