Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigger the Apple Music Algorythm with Facebook Ads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger the Apple Music Algorythm with Facebook Ads?

Hello Forum Readers 😀
    I wanted to ask if anyone on here ever tried to trigger the Algorythm of Apple Music by sending people to Apple Music? I'm wondering if concentrating on Apple Music could be a thing to try.
    Though the system behind Apple Musics Playlist isn't very public, it could be worth a try because of the potentially higher streaming revenue...

I do run ads for my stuff on Apple Music actually, and I made a video about the Apple Music algorithm. The algorithm on Apple Music isn't as good for spreading your songs for free as Spotify it seems, but it will recommend more of your music to people who listen to multiple tracks.

My approach was to send people to an Apple Music playlist I made with my most recent 10 tracks or so, because my own experience using the platform that results in more songs from the artists in the playlists being recommended. I do see activity on Apple Music even when i'm not pushing ads to it and I assume thats from the algorithm, but they don't show you as much data in Apple Music for Artists so it is possible its just people re-listening to my music.

Comment

From the beginning I've targeted people who like Spotify and Apple Music, and I made my landing page on hyppedit have both buttons. But man on average the number of streams I'm getting from Spotify in ONE DAY equals the number of streams I'm averaging on Apple in FOUR WEEKS. How could that be? Probably mainly because at this stage 90% of my streams are South America, Philippines etc. Still, it's a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by StevePick View Post
        From the beginning I've targeted people who like Spotify and Apple Music, and I made my landing page on hyppedit have both buttons. But man on average the number of streams I'm getting from Spotify in ONE DAY equals the number of streams I'm averaging on Apple in FOUR WEEKS. How could that be? Probably mainly because at this stage 90% of my streams are South America, Philippines etc. Still, it's a huge difference.
        I will make two seperate campaigns for Apple Music and Spotify, and target only Apple Device Users for the Apple Music Campaign. I'll keep you updated on how the conversions reflect on my Apple Music streams.

Comment

If you have an Apple button and a Spotify button on your landing page and Facebook is only billing you for "Apple clicks"...are the Spotify click-throughs freebies? (And vice versa). Seems like that kind of thing could be abused...

Comment

I don't think it's billing you for conversions per se. It's billing you for impressions, but it's optimising for conversions and feeding back to you your total costs averaged by number of conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by mentataudio View Post
              I don't think it's billing you for conversions per se. It's billing you for impressions, but it's optimising for conversions and feeding back to you your total costs averaged by number of conversions.
              This is true. You're being billed by impressions, but it calculates cost per conversions. Basically the more efficient your ad is at converting impressions to clicks, and clicks to conversions, the cheaper your cost/conversion will be. This is somewhat of a simplification since the impression cost also varies by the person you're targeting, but in general thats how the pricing works.

Comment

Working...
              X