Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook ad campaign results don't relflect on my Spotify insights

Hi guys,

I´m running my first facebook ad conversion campaign for my latest relase since yesterday. This far I´ve got some pretty good results when looking at the stats on Facebook and the insights on the landing page service Toneden (Click-Throughs). However i don't see these numbers in my streams on Spotify. For example the country with the highest Click Through Rate to the song is from Egypt, but i don't see any streams from this country on my song on the Spotify for Artists page. Is Spotify delaying these numbers or is something wrong with my campaign?

Any help is appreciated!
    Best, Jonathan

Spotify only updates the amounts of streams once the day is over. This means the streams of today will be visible from tomorrow. Maybe this is the reason why you don't see the streams yet.
    Keep me updated on whether the streams add up or not 👍
    PS: Drop the Spotify link, I wanna hear the sound!

Comment

• zyodmusic
      zyodmusic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply! Unit now (3 days later) I still don't see any streams from my top 3 "click-through-countries" on Toneden in my Spotify insights.. and I´m starting to believe those were all bots, because is see other data on the song being updated in the Spotify insights.
      PS: https://spoti.fi/34NG386 hope you´ll like it!

• dollar.cinema
      dollar.cinema commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your sound! Greetings from Switzerland

It’s the same for me and apparently a lot of people. I ´d like to see andrew answer about this it would help a lot

Comment

• zyodmusic
      zyodmusic commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah would love to hear his input on this topic!

I had this issue too! Also curious to see Andrew's answer.

For me, I had lots of clicks (and lots of conversions) from Algeria and Tunisia, but no Spotify listeners. I'm not sure if those clicks were bots, or people who didn't have Spotify or something else. In any case, I just excluded those countries from my targeting. After that, for each country with a large number of clicks, I regularly look at (1) the ratio of clicks to conversions from that country and (2) the ratio of conversions to new Spotify listeners from that country. If a country does especially poorly on either of those metrics, I remove it from the targeting. This method has been working pretty well for me.

I'm a little less strict with the click/conversion ratio, because theoretically the Facebook ad algorithm should take care of that. But there's no way Facebook ads can handle the conversion/listener ratio, because it doesn't know what happens after the users go to Spotify. In an ideal world, we could use Spotify listens or saves as the conversion event, but unfortunately that's not where we live

For reference, the countries I've excluded are India, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, and Nicaragua. Egypt and the Philippines have been kind of on the edge for me, might remove them. The countries that have been doing the best for me are Brazil, Turkey, Mexico, Russia, and Chile.

Hope this helps!

- Ben

Comment

• zyodmusic
      zyodmusic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing your experience! Those were the exact countries which lead my click through list! Will have an eye on them in future campaigns.

Some of you might remember I had this issue in the past when I was using link click campaigns, and switching to conversion campaigns solved the issue. Then at some point I started using automatic placements, and the issue came back, so I switched to recommending turning off audience network.

The most common cause of this I see is people including audience network in their placements. Often removing that placement fixes the issue. If it still doesn't fix the issue, try and use the 'breakdowns' to see if you can spot any trends in your countries or other filters to see anything strange. Thats my usual approach to diagnosing this issue.

One of the best and worst things about marketing is that it never stays the same for too long, thats why every single FB ad video I do is slightly different in approach. I haven't had an issue with this since disabling audience network for my own campaigns, but some people seem to still be having trouble with this and its hard to for me to fully solve it when its not happening for me as well, but hopefully this sets you off on the right path.

Comment

• JuliaKarr
      JuliaKarr commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man I was looking for this confirmation about audience network. Been running a suspiciously effective campaign (7cts per conversion after a few hours) but a lot of conversions through audience network. Turned that shit off now.

• dollar.cinema
      dollar.cinema commented
      Editing a comment
      JuliaKarr Same for me, I run my first campaign right now and thought "woah, I get a pretty good cost per conversion for my first campaing!" - i just saw that it is all from audience network -.-

AndrewSouthworth, thank you. That being said concerning the changing in marketing strategies, I watched your Spotify conversion video, and it really broke things down well. I believe that was from ~7 months ago. What updates can we apply to that process? The $100 results seemed pretty good.

Comment

Yeah and to take it out, your ads have to go in review. My whole campaign ground to a halt for about 10-12 hours on release day. Hope they can catch up now.

Comment

Working...
      X