Budget size / algorithm triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget size / algorithm triggering

A few questions for anyone but hopefully Andrew will chime in too. I know that the success of a campaign is going to be related to the music and the ad choices. In some cases, a smaller budget might work just as well if the music and ads are better. But leaving that aside, I'm wondering about averages and minimums:

1) What's the minimum ad spend that resulted in a campaign that triggered the Spotify algorithms for you?

2) What's the average ad spend for your campaigns these days?

3) What percentage of your campaigns have lead to triggering the Spotify algorithms?

4) When your campaign does trigger a Spotify algorithm, how long on average did it take to trigger? (so basically, what's a minimum length of a campaign if you want a chance to trigger the algorithm)

5) Do you vary your campaign spend by a lot in some cases? If you do spend a lot more on some campaigns, what things did you do first in order to know it was worth spending more on a certain campaign?
    Last edited by triziomusic; 10-30-2020, 08:29 PM.

I would like to see the answers to this, too. At least for triggering "Release Radar".

Comment

Hii so for me, release radar got triggered after a week of really heavy pushing. Got around 1k streams first week, stopped the ads and got release radar for around 3-4 weeks after for that single. ๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒŽ

Comment

Originally posted by GreenKidd View Post
        Hii so for me, release radar got triggered after a week of really heavy pushing. Got around 1k streams first week, stopped the ads and got release radar for around 3-4 weeks after for that single. ๐ŸŒด๐ŸŒŽ
        What was your budget?

Comment

For that song it was $25 a day for around 3-4 days. However I increased it for this weeks single and looks like I have gotten no Radar placements as of now... might be because release wasn't on a friday though..

Comment

I tried with the 100$ campaign method andrew has on his channel and well it didnโ€™t work too well this time... but it also did!
            The budget was spread this way: 15$ for 3 days, 10$ for another 4, 5$ for 5. Cost per conversion at around 9 cents which was pretty decent.
            Things that might have impacted the campaign in a negative way are the fact i release on a saturday and the fact the ad campaign started the next friday.
            I got 300 plays from release radar on the song i promoted as of now but i also noticed a general increase in plays on my catalogue during the ad campaign and a song released months before randomly got into release radar generating 1.6k plays that week.
            The song has now passed 10k plays thanks to the ads and my playlist contacts, it has a 18% save ratio and iโ€™m curious to see if itโ€™s going to get into release radar this monday as from previous experience my songs start going into release radar after reaching 10k.
            Iโ€™ll keep you posted โœŒ๐Ÿป

Comment

For everyone getting around 10 cents per conversion or less, it would be interesting to see what your ad is like and also the song. Also what audience interests you used.

Comment

Really basic ad, square artwork at the top, call to action at the bottom, blurred artwork as background. My focus is electronic music so i targeted the music genre, an events organization and a couple djs in different sets, let them go for a couple days, switched off the one converting the worst and gave budget to the best performing

Comment

Working...
                X