Disabled Facebook Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled Facebook Ads

Hi, I'm new to the forum and already enjoying reading posts from others in the community.
    To cut a long story short my FB Ads account was disabled a month ago. I have no idea why.
    I have contacted support many times and requested review but received no information.

So just wondering, has anyone else been in this position before?
    If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it! I'd love to get feedback from people who may have been in a similar position before.

Originally posted by panser_music View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and already enjoying reading posts from others in the community.
    To cut a long story short my FB Ads account was disabled a month ago. I have no idea why.
    I have contacted support many times and requested review but received no information.

So just wondering, has anyone else been in this position before?
    If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it! I'd love to get feedback from people who may have been in a similar position before.
    When I started exploring this about two months ago, FB locked me out of my account. It seemed to happen as I was logged in using one computer and then I went to another and logged in again because I had some assets I wanted to use on the 2nd computer. Within a few minutes, I got automatically logged out. When I tried logging back in, I got a notice saying that "someone may have tried logging into your account". The system would only let me in if I uploaded a photo of valid ID matching the name on the account. Unfortunately, that account was one I had created years ago using my artist pseudonym. So I don't have any ID with that name on it. I have had to let go of that account.

I then decided to enable Ads functionality on my real-name FB account. But within a day I was notified that my account was denied for Ads. I had to submit my photo ID and I waited. I got a bit impatient so I spent some money on PlaylistPush. Unfortunately, only half of the estimated reviewers materialized and none of them placed me on a list This despite the fact that some gave me nothing but good reviews. Anyway, this is a tangent.

After perhaps two weeks of waiting, FB approved my real-name account for Ads.

So for me it was: Use a real-name FB account, send them ID, wait. Now I just hope that nothing else gets screwed up. They might be acting paranoid right now around the election.

One unfortunate side effect of losing my 'artist' FB is that I had linked my Instagram account to it. I can still use my Instagram but when I do the Instagram stories conversion campaign, I can't link it to my preferred Instagram. I've had to create a new 'business' Instagram account to use with my real-name FB ad account.

Comment

• panser_music
      panser_music commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Triziomusic.
      Thanks a million for your reply and your advice.
      I don't know if it's a coincidence but my incident also happened after changing computers.
      Facebook are definitely difficult to deal with once things go wrong. I guess it's to be expected for a company of their size, and especially now around election time.
      I'll go use my real name account and see how it goes, thanks again for your advice.
      How are your ads going?

You have to appeal the restriction, if you go under the Account Quality section you'll find where to do this. This has become a HUGE issue in the past month or so, lots of people telling me its happening to them. Everyone has this happen at some point or another though, and most of the time its an automatic thing and FB admits it was a mistake, unless you did something actually against their terms of service.

Comment

Hey AndrewSouthworth thanks so much for your reply. First off I'm a massive fan of all your content so I'm a little star-struck.
      Secondly, it's good to know that it's not just me. Naturally I don't take any pleasure in others going through this same frustration, but it's good to know I'm not alone! I'll follow your advice and play the waiting game.
      Thanks again and keep up all your incredible work!

Panser

Comment

As for how my campaign is going, I'll know after it starts on Friday.

My first campaign was a relatively small test just so I could see if I knew how to do it. I screwed up somewhere with the pixel and I could not see any results. My ads had 27K impressions but no streams on Spotify. But I have no idea if I totally screwed up on the conversion page.

For my second campaign, the song I wanted to promote was not yet on Spotify. So I did a small campaign just to test the ads. I sent people to my Instagram but in order to create a large button link with the Distrokid hyper page, the link ended up showing as an ugly URL. So that might have discouraged people. It ended up costing me $1.72 per clickOut event. However I did also have the countries divided into 5 ad sets with price limits and maybe that hurt the algorithm. I did at least find out that hardly nobody reacted to one of my 3 ads. A few people did seem to check out my Instagram and a few of them must have made it to Spotify from there because I got a very few streams.

I'm hoping this 3rd campaign will do better. I've got all countries minus India as one audience and then copied into ad sets covering 6 genres. I don't really know what artist names to use so I'm just doing genres for now. I've also got 4 ads per ad set. This time I plan to also use all placements except audience network (last time I only placed on IG and FB stories).

As I read of others having a few hundred to a couple thousand streams, I'll just be happy to start off with a few dozen. I sure hope it's better than my PlaylistPush failure.

Comment

It just happened to me again. Today was the 2nd day of my campaign and my FB account suddenly became restricted for advertising. Tapping on the button to appeal I found they claim suspicious activity on my account. So they want my photo ID again. I'm assuming it may take another week of hoping for the best. So it's a double whammy. The campaign was costing more than I hoped at 90 cents per conversion and now I'll probably miss a good chunk of the time right after release. I'll probably just let this campaign go and try for the next song release

Comment

Working...
          X