Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion structure and timing

Hey guys! What’s up?
    I recently found Andrew’s youtube and there’s a ton of good content and it got me into rethinking the way I was approaching ads for music promotion.
    I used to mainly rely on Playlist promotion and I built a decent network through collaboration with other curators (I can generate 30/50k streams in a month or two with my playlists and the trades, I never spent a dime on placements).
    the results are good, but save rates are low (5-10%) and i saw ad campaigns can get as high as 40-60%.
    I was thinking maybe only running ads the first week to get the save rate and engagement high and possibly trigger the algorithm and do playlist promotion only the next week to build on top of the highly engaged traffic from the first week.
    Has anyone tried anything similar?
    Would you suggest instead doing both at the same time?
    I look forward discussing this topic with you

Originally posted by Filippo View Post
    Hey guys! What’s up?
    I recently found Andrew’s youtube and there’s a ton of good content and it got me into rethinking the way I was approaching ads for music promotion.
    I used to mainly rely on Playlist promotion and I built a decent network through collaboration with other curators (I can generate 30/50k streams in a month or two with my playlists and the trades, I never spent a dime on placements).
    the results are good, but save rates are low (5-10%) and i saw ad campaigns can get as high as 40-60%.
    I was thinking maybe only running ads the first week to get the save rate and engagement high and possibly trigger the algorithm and do playlist promotion only the next week to build on top of the highly engaged traffic from the first week.
    Has anyone tried anything similar?
    Would you suggest instead doing both at the same time?
    I look forward discussing this topic with you
    I think that'd be a great idea. That way you can confirm all the data from your FB campaign and track the save rate / listen rate / follow rate from that promotional activity by itself. Then once you know things are working a week or so later you can get your playlist activity going to act as a nice stream boost to your song!

You'll want to be somewhat mindful that you keep the save rate of the song high, so it might be better to 'ramp up' the playlists instead of pushing to all of them at once.

Comment

Working...
    X