Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What % of your conversions are actually real listeners??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What % of your conversions are actually real listeners??

Ok so I’ve been using Andrew’s approach for my last 4 single releases mostly using Toneden conversion campaigns. I keep great detail of my campaign data on an Excel spreadsheet. I’m getting good data with each song and high save rates between 30 - 60% depending on the song. One stat that always puzzles me is the number of conversions versus actual listeners each day. It seems to be only around 35% of my conversions are actually listening to the song i’m promoting. For instance if I have 200 conversions for the day, it’s usually only around 60-70 actual listeners of the main song I’m promoting. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

One thing that could be a factor is that I’m releasing my songs along with another group of my songs using the Chainsmokers “Waterfall” approach. So overall I’m getting between 150-200 listeners a day for all my songs combined on Spotify.

Maybe this is a potential downside of the waterfall approach that people are getting distracted by my other songs and not always just listening to the main song that I want them to.

Some other thoughts on this is that I usually send people (via Toneden conversions) directly to the song for the first week or so and then I usually switch up to sending them to the profile later in the campaign to build more followers.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or is anyone experiencing something similar? Thanks
    Last edited by Knights of Red; 10-19-2020, 01:06 AM.

I think the Spotify streaming/listener stats are odd--I think they are always a full day behind the conversions number which is always current. That might explain at least part of the phenomenon.

Comment

...and checking my stats today I have actually a "grand total" of fewer listeners than my total yesterday. So either some of them died, or their stats are just not that reliable right now.

Comment

The Spotify for artists stats can definitely be wonky. They are behind sometimes a few days (check your followers and you'll notice they probably haven't updated in a couple days)

Comment

Typically I see low numbers on new campaigns, like 25%, and then after the campaign normalizes (a few days) around 50%. Some people see your ad but can't listen, so they just save or add the song to a playlist to listen later - I believe this is why the first few days are always much worse than a few days into it.

Comment

Hey guys, hope all is well.

I started a conversion campaign this friday (23rd) and it is still running now. Till now, I got 445 conversions (content view) from toneden with spotify, deezer and itunes store. However, my Spotify for Artists is only counting 18 overall listeners, where most of them are my friends and not even from the campaign. Can it really take this long to register it? I mean, the streams ARE growing but only from my friend listeners.

What do you think guys? And what could be the cause of that? I am starting to worry, because I blew a lot of money in there and was really eager when I saw the decent cost per conversion. But there are no streams. (Also I turned off Audience Networking because it had a lot of conversions initially but they did not convert).

Thanks so much for the help!

Best,
            Mario

Comment

Disable the "automatically redirect to preferred service" option in Toneden if you have it enabled

Here's my bot-avoidance troubleshooting checklist:

-use a conversion campaign with Toneden
              -disable the "automatically redirect to preferred service" option in Toneden
              -don't use Audience Network as a placement
              -avoid big pop singers/celebs as interests
              Last edited by georgik; 10-29-2020, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by georgik View Post
                Disable the "automatically redirect to preferred service" option in Toneden if you have it enabled

Here's my bot-avoidance troubleshooting checklist:

-use a conversion campaign with Toneden
                -disable the "automatically redirect to preferred service" option in Toneden
                -don't use Audience Network as a placement
                -avoid interest audiences larger than 10 million
                -avoid big pop singers/celebs as interests
                Why do you see bots when you have audiences larger than 10 million?

Comment

• georgik
                  georgik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That was actually a mistake. I was thinking of FB algo-optimization when writing that. The FB algorithm doesn't work well with such huge audiences. I have edited my comment
              Working...
              X