Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help! "View content" IG Campaign - confused..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help! "View content" IG Campaign - confused..!

Hey guys,

I had my second release yesterday and I set up a FB campaign with a budget of 25 EUR/day and view content. The landing page is a Toneden page equipped with a pixel and links to Spotify and iTunes.
    The ad started running yesterday evening. It's still in the learning phase but it's behaving super weird. I have one campaign and 2 adsets with the same audience but different visuals for vertical content on IG stories.

The problem is that I get very few view content conversions but those I have are super expensive?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 00.40.10.png
Views:	72
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	203
    As you can see I spent 40 EUR for 18 view content? That's super expensive and doesn't give me any results. One also performs much worse than the other and Facebook is not pushing the second one (which is the chorus ad) as much as the first one. The reason could, of course, be that my song and ad are bad but I think it must be something different (hopefully).

My audience looks like this:

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 00.46.02.png
Views:	64
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	204
    Do you guys think that's weird as well? Do you pay like 2-4 EUR for 1 view content? Can you see what I'm doing wrong? Or do you have any tips?

Thanks a bunch in advance!!!

Originally posted by Steff View Post
    Hey guys,

I had my second release yesterday and I set up a FB campaign with a budget of 25 EUR/day and view content. The landing page is a Toneden page equipped with a pixel and links to Spotify and iTunes.
    The ad started running yesterday evening. It's still in the learning phase but it's behaving super weird. I have one campaign and 2 adsets with the same audience but different visuals for vertical content on IG stories.

The problem is that I get very few view content conversions but those I have are super expensive?

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 00.40.10.png
Views:	72
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	203
    As you can see I spent 40 EUR for 18 view content? That's super expensive and doesn't give me any results. One also performs much worse than the other and Facebook is not pushing the second one (which is the chorus ad) as much as the first one. The reason could, of course, be that my song and ad are bad but I think it must be something different (hopefully).

My audience looks like this:

Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 00.46.02.png
Views:	64
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	204
    Do you guys think that's weird as well? Do you pay like 2-4 EUR for 1 view content? Can you see what I'm doing wrong? Or do you have any tips?

Thanks a bunch in advance!!!
    I’m new to this as well so I’ll take what I think with a grain of salt but it maybe really pricey because all the pop artist you have targeted as interest. I remember Andrew saying that popular artist can be expensive and he only had one which was post malone.

Comment

I'm off to a rough start myself (first ad, day two) and did something similar with my "country" tune in that I have ad sets defined by popular country artists. I actually picked 18 artists and have 18 different ad sets for the campaign and it is learning SLOW... Good luck, and I'll keep you posted on my own issues and I'll be watching over here to see how you do. I seem to recall Andrew suggesting that each ad set have an audience of from 1-3 million and not to have it too large (although I'm not sure why). From lumping so many people in there, your audience must be 100 million plus, I would think. That means you're in there competing with a lot of people. I don't know if that's part of the problem or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

40.75 divided into 77,520 (reach) gives 0.00052 as the cost to reach one person on average. That price reflects how much it costs to reach your chosen audience based on demographics and artists.

Then there's the cost that comes as a result of your song, the part of the song you are using in your ads, the videos you are using and the text you are using. So 40.75 divided into 18 conversions is 2.26 per conversion. I think that this part is the bigger issue. Regardless of your audience costs, if you had 10 times more conversions on the same audience, then your cost per conversion would be one tenth what it is now.

So I would say it's your ads that are the issue (music, video etc). Of course if you had a bunch of bots hitting your ads then those would also not convert so that would be unrelated to your ad.

I'm in a similar position with my test campaign. I am testing my ads prior to release date. What I'm doing is I'm pointing my ad to my full song on Instagram since it's not yet available on Spotify. I'm spending $15 / day as follows :

$5 for English speaking countries
        $4 for Tier 1 countries
        $3 Tier 2
        $2 Tier 1
        $1 India

I'm doing a 3 day test to see which ad of 3 works best and also which demographics

So far my cost per person reached is : 0.00089 (more expensive than yours)

My cost per conversion is : 2.32

--

One more thing though, if we were to look at our results so far and eliminate the countries and demographics that are performing worst and then also use only the highest performing ad, then we might see more conversions and thus a lower cost. But I'm sure my ad and music could be improved too.

Comment

Couple questions, did you test your pixel out? Make sure when you click on your links to your music a View Content always comes up, for every click. Second, what does your ad creative look like? It might be a little different from what usually works for people. Also you don't need to target all those artists in the interest section. You should do multiple ad sets with one artist per ad set, that way you can see what artist matches the best to your music.

Comment

• Steff
            Steff commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't test the pixel. Very good point! And it could be the ad without a doubt. I posted it on IG and it got good feedback and the YT video with the same visuals is working well as well. But I will do another cut and will try if different visuals work better with an A/B test. I will also take out some of the artists in the audience. Thank you

In my case, I don't have any artists listed because I have no idea what artists I sound like. Instead, I just listed 'electronic dance music' as an interest

Comment

Hmmm...running this first ad--with the 18 different sets for 18 artists--I've been pretty consistently running between 55 cents and 60 cents per "conversion". I thought that was bad, especially compared to what I could see in Andrew's videos where he is getting under 20 cents per conversion. Also...it seems to be going SO slow. My sets all say "Active" which, to me, means they are done "Learning"??? Or does each set have to have 50 "conversions" before it is done Learning? I'm writing down a bunch of BASIC Questions to post in a thread later today and I hope someone with expertise can weigh in--there are a lot of us that seem to be confused by some of the basics.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrypettit View Post
              Hmmm...running this first ad--with the 18 different sets for 18 artists--I've been pretty consistently running between 55 cents and 60 cents per "conversion". I thought that was bad, especially compared to what I could see in Andrew's videos where he is getting under 20 cents per conversion. Also...it seems to be going SO slow. My sets all say "Active" which, to me, means they are done "Learning"??? Or does each set have to have 50 "conversions" before it is done Learning? I'm writing down a bunch of BASIC Questions to post in a thread later today and I hope someone with expertise can weigh in--there are a lot of us that seem to be confused by some of the basics.
              I'm thinking that 'active' just means the promotion is approved and running (being shown to people). I would assume that 'learning' is probably continuous until some plateau is reached.

As an update, I'm now into the second of 3 days and at this particular time, my conversion costs have dropped to $1.84. So maybe the learning is kicking in. Or maybe Saturday just wasn't a good day for ads and the other side of the world is reacting into their Sunday and a calendar effect is helping? Lots of guesses here.

If I look by age, my costs are currently:
              agees results percent cost per result
              13-17 40% $2.50
              18-24 50% $1.06
              25-34 10% $2.58

By gender:
              gender results percent cost per result
              male 70% $1.66
              female 30% $2.23

When my 3 day experiment is over, I will come back and update these numbers. I will also add a breakdown by campaign day to see if costs had a downtrend over each day
              Last edited by triziomusic; 10-18-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Steff
                Steff commented
                Editing a comment
                It's super interesting to see that your audience is expensive as well. Yesterday evening I changed the biding algorithm in the campaign to bid cap at 1EUR. I don't know if I will get any results but at least I don't have to pay a lot of money that for one single click.

Thanks for all the tips! I just had a coffee with two friends of mine who work full time with digital marketing. They said that it's a lot about trial and error when you start. They don't work with music and mostly with film but their tips were the following:

Breaking down the targeting into several adsets e.g. one for women, men different ages, countries and artists etc. After a few days, one needs to evaluate and then just continue to target the best running adsets.

Additionally, they said that within your adsets in the business manager you can choose "automated rules" and set a cap for e.g. impressions. That means FB will rotate every x minutes through your adsets and every one them will get the same amount of impressions which makes it easier to analyze your audience and to narrow down targeting further.

The last few weeks I watched many videos and read many blogs about FB ads for music and all said "conversion" campaign on a landing page. But my friends said I should still try an additional campaign with "traffic" as target and they recommended to skip the landing page since it's easier for the audience. The landing page is good for analytics purposes but they said that two clicks are too much of an ask for anyone trying to listen to your music. So, I think I'll try linking directly to Spotify instead.

The plan for today is, splitting my audience into several adsets, setting a bid cap and linking directly to Spotify instead of my Toneden landing page. I'll give you an update in a few days But let me know if you have additional tips.

Comment

• 42valentino
                42valentino commented
                Editing a comment
                Conversion campaigns are a bit more of an ask then a traffic campaign, however there are couple of benefits from one compared. For example, you can filter out bots with a conversion campaign, also by making someone go through a landing page they must reallllly want to hear your music, so you have a greater chance of getting fans from a conversion. You shouldn't be having costs higher than .20-.40 from your campaign and since your ad creative looks good it must be with how the campaign is set up. Try making one ad set with all the spotify countries besides India, and one artist from your list. If your doing automatic placements make sure the ad creative is in the right format for each style of placement. Then duplicate this adset a few times, changing the artist to a different one from your list. If you have 5 of these ad sets set up, along with campaign budget optimization turned on, I don't see why you wouldn't be seeing results.

• 42valentino
                42valentino commented
                Editing a comment
                ps. you should structure your budget from high first day spending to low late day spending. For example, if you have 100$ spend 20$ the first two days, then 10 for the next few days, then $5 until the budget runs out. It will really help facebook get out of the learning phase and Spotify get you into the algorithm. psps. you should only narrow your audience using Spotify, not iTunes, Deezer, and Apple Music.

• Steff
                Steff commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks a bunch! That's very helpful. I'll try as you suggested!

Steff, what I did with my artist quandary was pick my top 18 (or you might just want to pick top 10 or top 5) of the artists I SUSPECTED might be like me and set up each one as a separate ad set. Today, being Day 3, I noticed that country artist "Waylon Jennings" was super-expensive. so I dropped him. I also noticed that younger people were more expensive, so I changed my age range. As you drop one artist, you could add another from your list. Lumping them all together is probably why there is such a problem. Eventually you'll find a few artists whose fans are most receptive to you. Good luck!

Comment

Just posting my results so that we have a baseline.

I think my ad has performed better than all of yours. I got to as low as $0.05 per conversion and am now sitting at $0.12 (which will hopefully go down again):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 13.23.25.png Views:	0 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	326

Daily budget of $5.

This is my audience:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 13.28.56.png Views:	0 Size:	223.6 KB ID:	328

These are my placements:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 13.27.18.png Views:	0 Size:	101.6 KB ID:	327

You can see my creative here https://www.facebook.com/ads/library...ry=DE if you just put in "Georgi Krastev"

Steff I don't know why your cost per conversion is so high, but it definitely should NOT be. Look at my campaign/results and compare it to yours. Please let us know if you figure out why your cost per conversion is so much higher than mine.

EDIT:

Some more stats (30 days timeframe):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 13.34.49.png Views:	0 Size:	255.9 KB ID:	329

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 13.35.31.png Views:	0 Size:	216.2 KB ID:	330
                Last edited by georgik; 10-23-2020, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X