Odd Results for a "Country" tune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Results for a "Country" tune

My first ad, second day completed. I'm using all countries (except India) but my ad sets are all country artists or country organizations (plus "Spotify" of course)--I'm using 18 of them.

I would have thought USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand would have been my top markets--but of the $40+ spent so far, only a little over a buck has been spent in those countries. 59 cents in the US in 2 days--despite every artist or organization being US-based.

Anybody else think this is weird?
    Last edited by jerrypettit; 10-17-2020, 09:34 PM.

I see where you're coming from but facebook is gonna find what country your ad is performing the best and cheapest and drive up results the most there. English speaking countries are the most expensive places to advertise since the customers from this countries are much more valuable for you. (More wealthy and chance to get higher opportunities from these countries.) That's why your most likely getting random second world countries.

Comment

OK, thanks. I'm going to assess toward the end of today (Day Three) and maybe start a second campaign with just the English-speaking countries and see how that goes. I've learned from this first campaign already, for instance, that my Age range needs to change.

Comment

42valentino is right, Facebook is just going to look for whatever is converting the best. A lot of genres do indeed have a global audience, i'm sure if you looked at touring country artists you'd see them tour in some unexpected locations.

However it might be worth making a copy of your best performing ad set so far, and making it the same except make it USA only, and then putting a budget limit on it saying it must spend $2/day or whatever daily amount you want.

This way you can have an emphasis on the US (or whatever countries you want), while still using most of your budget to get whatever is cheapest at the time. I tend to only recommend doing this once you build up your base audience, but in certain cases it makes sense to do this right from the start.

Comment

Thanks, Andrew. Today is Day 5 and I'm going to do that--use my best sets and just promote in US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand, which, I would guess, are the most country-music oriented countries. (Although about 1/3 of my conversions are coming from The Phillipines!! I may add them the the mix).

Comment

Originally posted by jerrypettit View Post
            Thanks, Andrew. Today is Day 5 and I'm going to do that--use my best sets and just promote in US, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand, which, I would guess, are the most country-music oriented countries. (Although about 1/3 of my conversions are coming from The Phillipines!! I may add them the the mix).
            For my own experiment, I used an English speaking ad set in addition to the rest of the countries and I set a higher budget on it anticipating the expense. The results were that I got a few conversions on every English speaking country except the US. I wonder if isolating the US completely would result in any conversions. I think for now I'll just try to build without worrying about the US until I get some audience in other ways. I suppose that if I can trigger a spotify algorithm or get on some lists, eventually there will be US people who will see it.

Comment

Working...
            X