Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO on Spotify???

Hello,

This theory seems a little crazy, but, I already people commenting on using in titles of music, strong names in songs for SEO in Spotify. Example: Names of actors (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jim Carrey), or brands (Chanel, Puma, Rolex)

Some riskier people use fake collaborations like (JJJ feat. Justin Bieber). We can discard this strategy, but what about the first?

These names don't have to be random, they can be directed to the target audience. Example: Anyone who likes Trap may like "Patek", "Rolex", "Maybach", or someone who likes classic rock may be associated with "Harley-Davidson" or some brand of Jeans.

The argument is, that this is just to attempt an initial pull on the Spotify profile.

I expect opinions and ideas.

Thank you
    Last edited by EBCSM; 10-17-2020, 01:45 AM.

Originally posted by EBCSM View Post
    Hello,

This theory seems a little crazy, but, I already people commenting on using in titles of music, strong names in songs for SEO in Spotify. Example: Names of actors (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jim Carrey), or brands (Chanel, Puma, Rolex)

Some riskier people use fake collaborations like (JJJ feat. Justin Bieber). We can discard this strategy, but what about the first?

These names don't have to be random, they can be directed to the target audience. Example: Anyone who likes Trap may like "Patek", "Rolex", "Maybach", or someone who likes classic rock may be associated with "Harley-Davidson" or some brand of Jeans.

The argument is, that this is just to attempt an initial pull on the Spotify profile.

I expect opinions and ideas.

Thank you
    I use SEO tactics for my playlists, and that totally works. However I can't imagine many people are searching for non-musical terms in Spotify, when I do SEO for the playlists i'm targeting words like 'lo-fi', 'future bass', 'modern pop' etc. However Harley Davidson might be a term that could work since people probably search for music to ride to.

At the same time i'm not sure the strategy would apply as well for songs as it would for playlists. If you were to try this, make sure whatever term you use is related to the song in some way otherwise it will seem very forced to the audience.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSouthworth View Post

I use SEO tactics for my playlists, and that totally works. However I can't imagine many people are searching for non-musical terms in Spotify, when I do SEO for the playlists i'm targeting words like 'lo-fi', 'future bass', 'modern pop' etc. However Harley Davidson might be a term that could work since people probably search for music to ride to.

At the same time i'm not sure the strategy would apply as well for songs as it would for playlists. If you were to try this, make sure whatever term you use is related to the song in some way otherwise it will seem very forced to the audience.
      Perfect, good observations. Maybe including in your song title (that makes sense with the mood of the song, of course), things like "Dining with The Weeknd" or "Dancing with Dua Lipa". I saw this with even great artists.

I wanted to talk about piscological issues and the effect of words, which people are more likely to click on songs with certain names than others, but, perhaps in another topic.

Comment

Working...
      X